Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year's Resolutions


This year, I decided to do something a little different when it comes to resolutions- putting a twist on an old tradition.  I'm giving up a few things for 2012- depression, worry, angst, FEAR.  All those things that weigh us down and darken our days.  Being the list-maker, I still have an official "list" of what I want to do this next year- but for the record, this particular resolution is the one that I'm putting at the top. 

2011 was a culmination of many times, good and bad: volunteer work, job anxiety, battles won and lost, happy times and sad moments.  Reconnecting with old friends, and losing others.  The highs were extremely high, and the lows were rock-bottom.  But through it all, I've been blessed with the love of family and friends.  And I'm facing 2012 with a positive outlook, and a heart filled with gratitude. 

We are all children of the universe- we are all worthy of joy in this life.  Wishing everyone a year filled with love, serenity, joy and new adventures. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm a bit late with this post but Happy New Year Jamie! Great ideas for resolutions. Let me know how it goes :) I'm still working on mine at this time. Hoping for a fantastic year. Praying for Zen dog and Miss Blue. May they be happy ... may they be safe. May angels walk along their paths with them. Love you sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for the same- Blue and Zen, the dynamic duo. I'm also praying this year is the turnaround year for YOU- wishing you every blessing and every bit of happiness, in 2012 and always!

    ReplyDelete