Saturday, December 7, 2013

Happy Birthday to me...



Well, I survived ANOTHER birthday (big "whew!!" here lol).  Since this is the year post-baby, I tend to measure all the big life events/milestones by comparing them to their predecessor.  So, here goes: last year I was hugely, ripely, heavily pregnant with Nate at my birthday.  This year, I have my body back to normal, and li'l man  was here to help me celebrate! (happy tears).  The number of years is climbing upwards- its inevitable- but as they say, what's the alternative?  Of course, birthday cake helps sweeten the experience, lol. 

In order to slow down and remember all of the good moments, I wrote a gratitude list for my bday.  Here it goes:

Things I am thankful for this birthday (11/21/13):

(1)  My marriage
(2) My Baby Boy
(3) My Momma
(4) My Beau
(5) Good health
(6) Satsumas!
(7) Being remembered by friends and family
(8) The evening with Steve Vai!
(9) Raspberry tea
(10) My Mom's recipe for spaghetti and meatballs
(11) Having an excuse to eat too much cake
(12) Good folks getting involved in finding Titan a home
(13) Clean laundry
(14) A chance to begin all over again (new bday year)
(15) Nonsense songs to Nate
(16) Morning yoga
(17) Bday cards (and presents) that touch my heart
(18) Surviving "another year older" with grace & gratitude (for now!)
(19) Making the time to catch up on library reading
(20) A spa retreat from the comfort of home (mint julep facial & scrub)

As each year passes, I try to remember the important stuff and get away from the bad.  And I begin a fresh start with each birthday.  Time to begin anew.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment