Monday, April 1, 2013

Fooled by April



Today is April Fool's Day.  It brought a smile to my face, remembering this time last year.  Last April Fool's Day was special because I had learned the news a few days before that I was officially pregnant.  We hadn't told anyone because we wanted to bask in the news before sharing it.  And, being the cautious type, I didn't want to "jinx" my pregnancy by sharing it prematurely.  April 1st arrived, and a small part of me was tempted to share the news, trick everyone into thinking it was an April Fools prank, then come back the next day with the news again.  Instead we waited, which was for the best.  But the unplayed prank was a fun secret my husband and I shared, and today I thought about it, looked at Nate and smiled :)

I was listening to Stevie Wonder this evening, and a song caught my ear.  It was perfect for today, with the lyrics "You've been fooled by April".  Here's the video of "Summer Soft":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv2dSAYtb5c

***************************

Nathan is now four months and three days old.  Here's the latest shot of li'l man:


Yes, the old saying is true- it goes so fast! Yet at times I can hardly believe this sweet little man is real.  Life is good!

April showers are around the corner, but so are May flowers.  Wishing each of my readers a rainbow after the storm has passed...

xoxo,
007

No comments:

Post a Comment