Wednesday, October 10, 2012

September Updates



Hard to believe that we are into another month! September was the month of Hurricane Isaac- the storm that blew our "normal" everyday schedules into shreds, and destroyed the homes of so many poor people.  Every hurricane has its own agenda, and it seems that the people who do well during one storm will inevitably be stuck dealing with horrendous damage from yet another one.  People are still rebuilding and dealing with the aftermath.  Prayers go out to each and every one of them. 

As for us, we were incredibly blessed- the winds sounded like they would rip through our roof, and it felt like the gods were bowling outside our window- but we suffered little damage, and ended up enjoying time with our neighbors playing board games and visiting with our dogs.  The day of the storm was terrifying, but the afterwards was strangely, thankfully quiet and peaceful. And the day before the storm we saw the strangest "sign"- a giant bird was perched on our patio fence, his back to us, staring out at the weather kicking up.  Looked like a falcon or peregrine hawk.  I raced to get my camera but didn't make it back in time.  It seemed like a lucky sign, and gave us a little comfort before things got bad here with the weather.

The rest of the month was busy, and thankfully uneventful post-hurricane.  I experienced a BIG growth spurt with my baby on board, and now I'm in the phase of my pregnancy where I'm going to the doctor's office every 2 weeks for visits, so things are progressing quickly!

I'm thankful September is over- it was hot, humid, stormy and insane.  Now we're in October and the weather gave us our first "real" cold front of the season! This is my favorite month, and I'm going to reserve a separate blog to catch up on it. 

Hoping this finds my readers doing well and enjoying the change of season!



No comments:

Post a Comment